Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Koel in Kiasuland

Since when do the singing of birds annoy anyone?

Apparently there are still people in Kiasuland who think that when they stay at a place called Pasir Ris, that place is his – any bird that sing around that area should be a nuisance.

An asshole just has such stupidity. Did he know that the birds were living there long before him or his great grandfather? The birds have more right than that asshole. Just because the birds do not pay taxes while that asshole does, did not give him the right to have the singing terminated!

The singing bird is called Koel. A black bird with fiery red eyes. It has a part in our ecosystem. If there are crows, there will be Koels. They control the population of crows. They will kick out the crow’s eggs and replace with their own. The mother crow will nurse the Koel’s chicks like her own. Isn’t that a wonderful way of nature to control crows?

So, if you kill the Koels – the consequences – more crows!
So, if you want to get rid of the “lousy singing” Koels then you should keep your compound clean! No crows, no Koels. It’s that simple!

Probably because that asshole pays big taxes and talk loud, the council people could chop down the tree…as killing of birds will be inhumane. Well, I don’t know what will happen next. Let’s wait and see.

Oh, in Bolehland, I guess the Koel would be catapulted to death. That is Bolehland!

Read the story from the Electric New Paper:

"I AM a resident of Pasir Ris.

Since early August, there has been a bird singing loudly in a tree near my flat on Street 52 between 5.45am to 6.30am every day.

I called Pasir Ris Town council in mid-August explaining that the bird is disturbing my sleep.

They promised to investigate.

For the next six weeks, I made about five calls to the town council, including asking to talk to the general manager.

But all I got was the response that they would investigate and someone would call me back.

For that six weeks, I was forced to wake up at 6am - even on Saturdays and Sundays, days that I do not work.

Six weeks later, the town council came back to me with this: that the bird making the sound is a bird called 'koel'.

It also said that the bird is on the tree which happens to fall into the jurisdiction of either the Public Utilities Board or the National Environment Agency.So it will get the relevant agency to give me a call.

What I don't understand is why it took six weeks to come back to me on something that can be accomplished in two hours.

What is the use of telling me the type of bird?

Does the problem go away for me if the tree falls under the PUB or NEA jurisdiction?

I woke up at 6am over the weekend on Saturday and wrote this letter.Each month, I receive a conservation fee statement from my town council for monthly payments, and I have been paying it every month.

Each year, I fill my tax forms, and understand that some of the tax money I pay is channelled towards the public service including the town councils.

I was told that if I do not fulfil such payments, I will be jailed or fined heavily.

But if I do pay, it seems there is no guarantee that the payment will be used to hire public servants who can solve problems or at least empathise with me".

2 comments:

Singa Paw said...

You have to be really deaf to say nice things about the Koel.

I am organising a group to exterminate these loud and idiotic bird.

A psychiatrist friend told us by exterminating this bird, it will help people who are highly stressed by this noisy bird that screams 18 hours a day from 5.30 am onwards. So we have a case against these creatures in court even.

We are not afraid to poison or catapult these devil creatures when we see them.

Admin said...

Apparently you still don't understand why there are Koel around. Either you are a dirty bitch, your housing areas are filty, so much so there are too much food for the crows that Koel thrive.
You must be very selfish person caring for yourself without thinking that this world, they are part of the ecosystem. Human are just the spoiler...just like you - the exterminator.
Why can't you coexit with them? Your stress problem arrived because of the rat race and you have the gut to blame on the innocent birds which God created for a reason.
Shame on you!